A Fix and Some Finishing

7 hours.

Although the last three shouldn’t count because I spent them fixing something I should never have had to in the first place.

20130728-192738.jpgThat little corner of aluminum is the bane of my life.    Since I put the wings on, I’ve caught it on shoes, shirts, and finally, the belt on my jeans.   When this happens, it bends.   This time, I bent the crap out of it, so badly, that I had to remove the fasteners on the skin, peel it back, and hammer it flat again.  The light makes it look worse than it is, but it’s still pretty bad.   Fixed now, though.

 

20130728-192751.jpgThe day wasn’t all bad.   I got the fuel pump overflow plumbed.   I used some of the tubing I had from the MAP sensor install to create a flexible link between the output of the fuel pump to the hard line shown here.   The engine wiggles.  The aluminum tubing doesn’t.   I need a flexible line between the two.

20130728-192805.jpgThe fuel sensors concerned me for a minute.   When I connected the wings, I had some little extra wires that I thought I’d run for spares.   I guess this is why you label things.   After some pondering, I realized these were the fuel level sender wires.   Duh.  The good news is that I didn’t have to do any splicing and apparently I cut them to the right length.   A couple of connectors later and I had fuel level, which was, of course, zero.

No luck on the OAT sender though.   Either my EFIS or the probe is bunk.   OAT reads a steady 32 degrees F.  Have to contact MGL for a new one.

Comments (0)

› No comments yet.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.